In parallel to our land hunt we had some big discussions about the house itself. Susani and I have the same principal ideas but a lot of different opinions in the detail.
(1) The house must be environmentally friendly, cosy, have a character, warm, and beautiful.
(2) It can’t cost an arm and a leg.
(3) we want to use solar hot water and power.
Some time ago I finished reading “Steve Jobbs”. A number of things “resonated” with me while others don’t. Some, I find simply disturbing. Then there is one item where I’m sitting on the fence.
The absolute belief
- that there are no trade offs that can’t be cast away,
- that there is always a way to get exactly what I want and to ignore the counsel of others
At lunch today a TED talk caught my eye and I listened to it. The talk was hardly inspiring albeit it had some interesting elements. You might watch it yourself